Six Essential Winter Skin Care Tips
The winter season is upon us, and as we all now, there are a lot of factors that affect our skin and this icy cold season is probably the most difficult.
Fortunately, there are ways that you can prevent skin boo boos this winter season. Take control of your skin this season with these essential winter skin care tips.
1. Get a facial skin treatment. Getting a facial is a great way to clear out your skin from any deep seated dirt and impurities that you may have. Our skin changes as the climate does so it is very important to prepare your skin to help ease the season transition. In addition to that, starting with a clean face allows your winter skin care routine to be more effective.
2. Stay hydrated. During winter, drinking lots of water may not be our top priority unlike during summer wherein drinking lots of water is a no brainer. Unknown to many, we get more dehydrated during the winter season so it's more important to stay well hydrated. And of course drinking lots of water can help clear out our skin and make it dewy so make sure you hydrate yourself well.
3. Protect your skin from the harsh cold. During winter, we dress up in heavy jackets and layers and layers of clothing to protect our skin from the cold. Unfortunately, most of us neglect our facial skin when it should not be any different with the rest of our body. Make sure you use a heavier moisturizer during the winter season to prevent the skin from getting dry. Our skin, specifically our facial skin, gets more sensitive during winter so it is very important to have an extra layer of protection.
4. Protect your lips. It is very important to not neglect our lips during winter. Nothing is more unattractive than red, chapped, bleeding lips. It's best to avoid petroleum based products through as it can clog the pores on your lips.
5. Continue wearing your sunscreen. Just because it is cold does not exactly mean that the sun's harmful UV rays are on break. Wearing sunscreen is still a must during the winter season. Always remember to put on your sunscreen 30 minutes before going outside.
6. Exfoliate regularly. Buildup of dead skin can cause dull lifeless skin. To give your skin that glow this winter, it's important to exfoliate at least once a week to rejuvenate and reveal fresh new skin.