Freezing is by far the quickest, easiest, most convenient and certainly the most versatile method of preserving foods that we know today. If food is frozen properly it will maintain it’s original colour, flavour and texture and probably more of it’s nutrients than preserved by any other method.
Managing the food you freeze is very important and the following tips will certainly help you get the most out of your efforts.
1. Make sure your freezer is situated in a cool, dry area where the temperature is constant.
2. To get the best out of your freezer, make sure it’s at least 3/4 full at all times.
3. Don’t just simply store food in the freezer, always continue to use the food who have frozen and replace on a ongoing basis.
4. Open the freezer door as rarely as possible.
5. Most of today’s freezers have energy saving features which you should make proper use of.
6. Always check to make sure that the doors seals are kept clean and seal properly.
7. Regular defrost your freezer.
8. Keep the condenser coils clean.